Cosmology is one of the most fascinating and thought-provoking areas of research within astronomy. It is the study of the origin, evolution and fate of the entire universe!
Cosmology is a wonderful place to start your journey into astronomy as it delves into the really big and important questions that are at the forefront of research. If you’ve ever wondered where it all came from, and how we can describe our physical universe, this course is for you.
What will you learn?
This course is split into several lessons, and through these lessons you will achieve the following learning objectives:
- How we measure distances in space
- The physical properties of the universe
- Observational evidence for the big bang
- Understanding the early universe
- Dark energy and dark matter